The Events:
1) Sigur ros in concert at the Berkley Greek Theater
2) Hanging out/catching up with friends, and getting ready for Halloween by visiting the "Spirit" Halloween store
3)Going to the Renaissance Faire in Hollister
4)Being lazy and watching movies
I decided to make my cuties birthday surprise last a week longer after getting him the new ipod nano (which is the most awesome version to date, I might add), I surprised him with concert tickets to one of his favorite bands, Sigur ros. Oh yeah and I baked him a Black forest cake...I know, I spoiled him rotten :-P
Sigur ros in case you've never been introduced is one of the most amazing bands to see live. The venue was outdoors and everyone was expecting rain. We made it through the entire set with comfortable weather and a truly amazing performance filled with impeccable vocals, violin bow- played guitar which sounds incredible if you've never experienced it live, you should. There was also drumstick played bass, and the most impressive drum player too. They even went out of there way to do the whole shooting confetti effect and brought a lot of life to the whole experience.
So now for the amazing part... we've cheered the band back on stage for the encore and here it comes, as if part of the stage props and effects, the song (which happened to be Zsolt's fav) comes to a chilling climax and down comes the rain. Everyone cheered as if it was part of the amazing performance, arms everywhere around the arena raised up toward the sky and the song escalated while the rain drops grew bigger. Just as the song came to an end, and I realized I was totally drenched the most wonderful feeling of being alive came over me, it was so nice. I don't think I've ever enjoyed a live show more.
The next day we had a really nice morning with Zsolt's mom, she made borso fozelek (a really delicious paprika and sweet pea dish topped with a fried egg). We made our way to the Spirit store and had fun picking out spooky Halloween decorations. Our day ended with friends and decorating the house for Halloween, it was a nice relaxing day to follow up the late night we had with the concert.
Sunday we went to the Renaissance faire which used to be a tradition of mine up until five years ago or so. The weather was beautiful, and everyone was having a really good time. It's so awesome to re-experience something you enjoyed so much but haven't done for a long time. We took some great pics of all the super authentic costumes and events. The jousting was pretty entertaining, I never stuck around to watch the whole show before. I love the whole atmosphere, if you've never been I say check it out at least once just make sure you bring your sense of humor with you cause the players love to mess with your sensibilities and make you laugh.
Anyways enough of the details, I had an outstanding vacation from work and school and I didn't even have to go far. I'm sooo relaxed and ready for whatever life has to hand me! Which reminds me, I better get to studying...




No comments:
Post a Comment